Golf Lessons with Edwin Dickens, PGA--Head Golf Professional
From Navy days to now, Edwin's profession has been golf. Head professional, assistant professional, director of instruction...they are all positions in which he has served during a 20+ year professional career. Upon being Honorably Discharged from the US Navy, Edwin stayed on the west coast to play collegiate golf at Mesa College and UC Irvine. But after spending almost 10 yrs on the west coast playing and teaching, Edwin decided it was time to return to his Texas roots. In 2001 he was elected to membership in the PGA of America. As a player he has won multiple STPGA Events and was the 2015 STPGA SR Player of the Year. As an instructor, he maintains his PGA credentials with continuing education, specifically targeting instruction, mentoring, and growing the game. Prior to joining the Vaaler Creek staff, Edwin spent the last 5 years as Director of Instruction at LBJ Golf Course in Fredericksburg. As both an accomplished player and instructor, his desire is to share what the years of golf have taught him. His philosophy is that instruction should be tailored to the individual needs of each student—and he puts this into practice with each student.
Edwin is available for private and group lessons.
Edwin's Golf Lesson Info & Rates
- Lessons are available by appointment
- Edwin has taught Juniors, Seniors, Men and Women from beginners to professionals
- Individual lessons are 45min to an hour.
- Lessons can cover anything from the short-game to the full swing to the mental aspect of the game, including the rules of golf and general information about the game
- Single Lesson: Adult - $90 Junior - $45
- 6-Lesson Series: $450/Adult Junior - $240